Unique international surveying qualification for offshore floating units - training course by tutored distance learning.
The offshore industry differs from shipping in many ways and it is no longer enough to have just the core technical surveying skills. Today's offshore unit surveyors need to have knowledge of the extensive legal and regulatory issues as well as a commercial understanding of the industry.
This professional development diploma has been designed to provide the necessary knowledge required for offshore surveyors to get and remain up to date and highly skilled.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Explain the complex nature of the offshore survey business.
- Identify the various professional skills required by the offshore surveyor for various survey types.
- Analyse the role of the offshore surveyor in relation to clients, insurance companies and oil majors, cargo, classification societies and regulatory bodies.
- Describe the methodology required to prepare for and perform various types of offshore survey.
- Discuss the offshore industry with clients with a view to offering accurate, valuable offshore survey services.
- Demonstrate a clear, logical approach to performing offshore surveys.
- Explain the financial aspects of managing a small offshore survey company.
- Interact with asset owners, cargo owners, classification societies, flag states and accident investigators.
- Produce a detailed and accurate professional report.